Friday, May 30, 2008

The Challenge is On...

So far, so good, my fellow earth-lovers. I have mowed the lawn twice now with my push-reel mower and it actually wasn’t so bad. The grass looks good. It’s definitely still green and it’s shorter. I’m thrilled. The downside is that dandelions resist the blade with a ferocity that fits their feline name (at least the second part of it). They refuse to go down. I think I’m just going to have to use child labor to take those not so dandy weeds out. Edges are also proving to be a challenge, but I’m learning to just forget about them. So what if there’s longer grass here and there? Who’s going to notice it? On the plus side, this challenge is turning into a life lesson for me where my perfectionistic side is learning to lighten up. That which does not kill me, I remind myself, will only make me stronger.

I am getting very strong.

I also have an upcoming event… On Monday, June 2nd, at 4:00 I will be at the Barrington Public Library (that’s in NH, not RI) for a meet the authors gathering. I’ll be reading an excerpt from my book, along with two other young adult authors (who will be doing the same). I do hope that some young adults show up for us to meet and greet and not just the cleaning crew. Of course, if no one comes, I can always just blame it on the other two authors. You can’t do that when you’re going it alone. I hope they don’t read this blog.

Meanwhile, editing The Return to Anaedor is going slow. The weather is just too nice and there’s all that mowing to do. I’ll try to do better in the next couple weeks, but that sun is so alluring. I can’t help but heed its call. On the plus side, I’ve come up with several more book ideas. One can’t help but fantasize and imagine in this glorious weather!

Enjoy your Spring!

No comments: