Thursday, January 24, 2008

What You've All Been Waiting For...

Now if that doesn’t bring them in, I don’t know what will. Actually, I thought I’d just do an update for all my faithful readers - all three of you - on what’s going on in my life. I’m still a writer, still trying to sell my book. People are still buying it, though not as many here in depressing January. I didn’t really believe authors when they said that writing the book was the easy part, at least not until I had to go through the marketing and selling bit. The nice thing is that everyone who has read The Chronicles of Anaedor: The Prophecies (warning, shameless plug coming up), that I’ve hunted down and interrogated mercilessly, have told me they really like the book. "Couldn’t put it down," they’ve said, and "Can’t wait for the next one to come out." Music to my ears. Of course, flattery doesn’t pay the mortgage.

Anyhoo…enough of the depressing stuff. Here’s the good news…

We haven’t had much snow lately so I haven’t had to run the snowblower down our very long driveway, roof rake, and shovel the steps all by my lonesome. I normally wouldn’t mind, but with all the sitting I’ve been doing lately (editing 2 books), I’ve done something to my back. I’m the only person I know who has injured herself by sitting. Back in grad school, I had such bad pains in my chest that I thought I was having a heart attack. Turns out I wasn’t getting up and moving around enough when I was studying. Isn’t that sad? Of course, when you tell people about it, they just look at you like you’re a big baby. So, anyway, I’m grateful for the break from the snow.

Wrist update: We found out that my husband tore cartilage in his wrist, in a spot that the doctor, who specializes only in the wrist and has been doing this for about 35 years, has never seen injured. He said it was very difficult to injure that spot. You actually have to press the two bones protecting the area really hard together. Doesn’t that sound lovely? Here’s the kicker… That area doesn’t have its own blood supply so it can’t heal itself. However, after a cortisone shot along with antibiotics, the wrist has healed! Say, hurray! We’re giving it a couple more weeks, just in case, but soon my snow clearing partner should be completely healed and joining me in the joys of winter clean-up.

More good news…My son found my measuring spoons. They were in his Winnie the Pooh backpack. Now why didn’t I think of looking there? Now I can actually cook and bake again without having to measure everything with a 1/4 tsp. Life is good. Actually, he did offer to loan me his pink plastic measuring spoons from his cooking stuff he got for Christmas, but only until I found mine. Such a giver.

So, except that it’s January and cold and you can skate on some places on our driveway and the kids are getting restless and like to bicker about EVERYTHING, life is going well.

Now if only more people would buy my book, I could truly be happy.

Ha!

No comments: